Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fortune Cookie

I ate Chinese tonight and after the meal received the usual fortune cookie with a message inside.
It read look within . . .find yourself.

I thought about it for a few moments and then put it out of my mind with the thought they probably print thousand of those. I then decided to write some more on the political scene but then on reconsidering thought what is important to me? Look within. Find yourself. The answer was motivating others through my writing and poetry while praising God in the process that is what is imprtant to me and so I decided to eliminate anything which did not meet the original intent of my blog.

Fortune cookie that I never eat,
Why with this message did me you greet,
Was it simply to redirect my feet,
Back to the sunny side of the street.

A prayer I gave tonight to God,
To ask Lord please shed a healing light,
On a little girl her mothers delight,
One of whom to me someone did write.

Her lip it had a tumor Lord,
And doctors they know not how or why,
Yet I know that with tears of joy,
You would wish her family to cry

And by faith I know its gone,
As on her your light it shone,
God above who is always there,
Blessed this child with your care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home