Sunday, January 04, 2009

Thoughts of a Father

Two of my dear friends have suffered the pain of burying their sons and I thank God it is a pain I have not shared. My heart goes out to the Travolta family and to Mr. Travolta as a fellow father. God in His wisdom knows all things and we do not. All we know is that to be absent from the body is to be present with God and that if we believe we will see our loved ones again on the other side. I think in times like this that is all we need to know and cling to. I pray that God sends the comforter to this family in their time of need.

My son you are gone and I know not the reason why?
My heart and soul for you they both do cry,
And though through the tears I remember the years,
I still ask dear God why, why, why?

You are in heaven now and though this I know,
The loss of your smile it hurts me here below,
The last hug, kiss and I love you to me you gave,
Are cherished memories I will carry to my grave.

No words of comfort have I found,
In misery and tears I fear I may drown,
No thoughts have saved me from this pain,
Except this one in heaven we will meet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home